Governor Ducey’s Task Force and the Arizona Department of Health Services (ADHS) have issued guidance creating a new visitor category called the Designated Essential Visitor. Per the guidance, the Designated Essential Visitor (DEV) status allows that individual to visit at any time during the Community’s visitation hours, or in cases of emergency.
To continue safeguarding our Residents, Associates and visitors, LifeStream has compiled Designated Essential Visitor Policy and Procedures in accordance with ADHS. The Policies and Procedures outline the requirements of the DEV.
Designated Essential Visitor Overview
For Assisted Living and Skilled Nursing Residents
- Becoming a Designated Essential Visitors. Each Resident can designate up to two DEVs by filling out the Designation Form which can be found here.
- Designated Essential Visitors Basic Requirements:
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Present documentation of a negative COVID-19 test at the first visit (collected within the preceding 48 hours) and thereafter as detailed in the Designated Essential Visitors policy.
- Adhere to all other provisions of the Designated Essential Visitors Policy.
- COVID-19 Testing Frequency. DEVs must continue to provide documentation of negative COVID-19 tests on the same interval required by the Community’s Associates. The COVID-19 Testing Frequency for the communities will be updated on a regular basis – and be based on the County COVID-19 positivity level. (See Policy: Designated Essential Visitor – COVID-19)
- Attestation and Waiver. All DEVs must sign an attestation that states they will avoid large gatherings in between testing and visitation. The DEV will also have to complete the Community’s health screening questionnaire, including a temperature check, at each visit
- Changing the Designated Essential Visitor. Residents can change the DEV no more than one time per month. New DEVs must comply with all requirements of the policy.
The DEV must follow all other requirements in the DEV Policy which outlines further requirements, including: personal protective gear, hand sanitizing requirements, and visiting area/comfort zone recommendations. The policy and more information can be found at www.LifeStreamLiving.com/dev.
Our hearts continue to be warmed and our spirits lifted to see our Residents visiting once again with their family and loved ones. We will continue to keep you updated as more visitation requirements and guidance are issued. Should you have additional questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us at info@LifeStreamLiving.com or 623-933-8753.
Stay safe. Stay well.
If you haven’t already, consider signing up for our COVID-19 communications email list. You will receive a weekly recap of all COVID-19 related communications. You can sign up to receive these our COVID-19 communication emails at: www.LifeStreamLiving.com/covid-19-updates